A GPS dog tracking collar is a modern, hi-tech device that can give pet owners a sense of peace of mind. Once you put it around your dog’s neck, the device begins to monitor your pet’s movements. With the aid of a computer or cell phone, you will be able to know your dog’s location on a 24/7 basis.
For now, a GPS dog tracking collar is the best solution against the possible loss of your furry pal.
However, before you buy one for your pet, it might be good to pause for a while to think about the factors that make the device effective.
Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Features: GPS pet monitoring devices come in different packages, features, and prices. The more basic ones can provide the location of your pet, while the more sophisticated ones provide more specific details such as instructions on how to get to the place.
- Features can determine the price of the device. You should be able to determine what’s practical for you to get a unit that is not too expensive but still able to serve its purpose.
- Size/Weight: Size matters as far as GPS tracking collars are concerned. A majority of these devices are intended for dogs over 30 pounds in weight. If your pet lacks in size, he might not be able to take the weight of the tracking device comfortably. Collar size should be proportionate to the dog’s weight. Otherwise, it might trigger back problems to your pet.
- The efficiency of the service of the tracking service provider: Before buying a GPS dog tracking collar, you should verify the quality of service of its provider. You need to ask around and verify the efficiency of their service before deciding to go for their product. Providers install customer services for the purpose of giving you assistance when your dog goes missing. If it cannot provide the service you need, you should consider another brand.
- Durability: Because dogs wear pet tracking collars, these devices are subjected to extreme conditions. You should see to it that they are water-resistant and sturdy enough to withstand rough conditions.
- Tracking System Used|: The tracking system used for the device can determine the range it can cover. To get the widest coverage signal, you may choose units that are supported by cell phone technology.
- Mode of Transmitting Information: Information provided by providers of GPS dog tracking collar can be transmitted through telephone, text messaging, or email. You should determine which of these modes of transmission is best suited to your habits. If you are a text buddy, you should choose text messages as your way to receiving updates from your provider.
- User-Friendliness: Before you can use a GPS dog tracking collar, you need to program it to set your pet’s safety zones. You should choose a unit or model that’s easy to use for your convenience.
- Rechargeable Not Disposable: You should choose units that allow you to recharge the battery when it becomes weak. Don’t go for models or brands that are no longer usable once their batteries lose power.
These are the considerations that you need to look for when buying a GPS dog tracking collar. Follow these tips to make your pet monitoring collar go a long way.